As you may know, breakfast is a very important meal. This is why I’m trying to come up with easy as well as delicious ideas and recipes for breakfast.
This weekend, I was craving French Toast which is also known as Pain Perdu in French, and it was so delicious I had to share the recipe with you guys.
Check it out here below. I hope you like it.
- DifficultyVery easy
- CostVery cheap
- Preparation time3 Minutes
- Cooking time10 Minutes
- Serving4 slices for 2 persons
- Cooking methodStove
- 1.5 cupsmilk
- 4 slicespain de mie (A soft bread or even brioche)
- 1 pinchvanilla extract
- 2 spoonsconfectioner’s sugar
- 1 spoonbutter
Preparation of the French Toast
First of all, with a whisk, mix the egg, milk, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl.
Then, soak each slice of bread for a couple of minutes in the mix.
Meanwhile, add the spoon of butter to a pan over medium fire.
When the butter is fully melted, slightly drain the bread slice and put it in the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes each side or until you see it become golden with brown patches.
Remove the bread slice from the pan and enjoy your French Toast while still hot.
– You can add any topping you like to the French Toast. I added strawberries, bananas and some jam on the side. Other ideas would be butter, honey, maple syrup…
– I wouldn’t advise you to conserve it. It’s tastier when it’s fresh and hot from the pan.
Let me know if you liked my French Toast recipe in the comments below.
For more cool and delicious recipes visit the rest of the blog.