You should know me by now. Always getting creative when it comes to breakfast ideas. I love starting the day with a fun and delicious recipe, just like my Hot Chocolate Porridge.
The day I came up with this awesome idea, I was craving hot chocolate, but at the same time was very hungry and thought, why not combine the hot chocolate flavor with something to eat and there it is.
I invite you to check out my Hot Chocolate Porridge recipe below, I’m pretty sure you won’t regret it!
- DifficultyVery easy
- CostVery cheap
- Preparation time2 Minutes
- Cooking time5 Minutes
- Cooking methodStove
- 1 cupoatmeal
- 2 cupsmilk
- 2 spoonschocolate scales (+ extra for decoration)
- 1 spoonsugar
- q.s.mini marshmallows
Preparation of the Hot Chocolate Porridge
First of all, in a small saucepan, mix together the oats, milk, sugar and chocolate scales on low fire for 5 minutes approximately until the milk is fully absorbed and the chocolate has melted. You should obtain a viscous consistency, pudding-like.
Then, transfer your porridge to a bowl and add the toppings: marshmallows and chocolate scales.
Finally, wait a few seconds until the chocolate and the marshmallows melt and enjoy it while still hot.
– You can be as creative as you want with porridge. Change toppings as you like.
– If you have a sweet tooth, add more sugar to the milk in the saucepan.
– If you’re on a diet, or prefer a lighter version of the porridge, substitute the milk with water.
Let me know if you liked my Hot Chocolate Porridge recipe in the comments below.
For more cool and delicious recipes visit the rest of the blog.